Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm here!

So, I made it!

I arrived on Sunday night around 11 in Cueravaca after...
- a plane that was delayed 2.5 hrs which led to...
- a really long layover in the lovely terminal 5
- a 4 hr plane ride with no movie!
- lots of airline people that thought if they repeated themselves and yelled louder that you would know what they meant... in both languages!
- a restaurant/meeting place in the airport with a new name
- a very lost, non-Spanish-speaking Swiss boy that my driver kindly brought back to Cuernavaca which resulted in...
- an hour-ish bus ride of translating for my new Swiss friend (Ben?) even though the driver Ismanuel knew some English but spoke only in Spanish be because he liked that I could understand him :p

I got about 7 hrs of sleep after a very long and tiring day of travel and yesterday I...
- had class at 8AM with the best teacher Rosario
- met new friends Ben y Taylor who had Rosario for their last class and are very jealous. They will be here for only a couple more weeks... but they will leave around the same time the rest of the group will arrive. Don't worry... I'm not lonely here. :)
- ate lunch in a small restaurant near our houses with Cristina and one of the other staff (I can't think of her name)
- went to "el centro" or downtown by myself in the afternoon... to start get to know the area and just see what was there
- saw the cascada (waterfall) with Cristina the Intern who is one of the few people that is already here
- went to dinner with Cristina and Mike (the Social Work prof from Augsburg) at a restaurant downtown
- and moved rooms about 3 times...

Today hasn't been to eventful so far... I went to class and had a meeting with Stephanie who is in charge of the internship stuff. I should be starting that at the end of the week I think.

Well, that's all for now...

4 comments:

  1. Bri! You already have a Swiss boyfriend! That is so great! :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing as Eli.. haha miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri!

    What does Mr. Swiss look like?! :D haha

    I am glad you are translating, exploring, meeting people, and not lonely.

    I will keep you in my prayers and always in my thoughts.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn Bartel and I just read your blog and laughed. I am sure at the time it was not funny. Know that I will continue to follow you adventure and ... respond :)

    ReplyDelete